Sunday, October 7, 2012

The Magical Second Weekend; by Brady

Yesterday we finished up our second weekend in Sydney, Australia. On Saturday, we went on an adventerous journey all the way across town, to Chinatown to be specific. We visited all sorts of chinese venues and learned a little bit about their culture and way of life ( I never thought I would have learned about Chinese people in Australia). We also saw a movie in the Event Cinemas.  We saw Madagascar 3 in the small theater. Then on Sunday, we went to a really cool and funny church called Hillsong church. It is huge, like 2500 a service huge. After that we caught a train to Olympic Park the sight of the 2000 Olympics. We saw the big, the only  ANZ statium, where the opening and closing ceremonies were held. It was HUMUNGOUS! It could probably seat 80,000 or more. I saw a basketball court for the first time, but I didn't have a ball so I couldn't play. Oh well, theres always next time. Friday night ( KC time, Saturday morning here) I got to talk to my baseball team for the first time. They were all a bunch of goof balls. I think I totally interupted their practice, but they won their last game by 10 runs, so it didn't matter. Oops sorry, got to go, I'm off to new sights and more adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment