Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Counting Down...12 days until departure!

So today Ethan forwarded me a link to the hotel that we will be living in for the next 3 months.  It is beautiful!  It is a high rise, right in downtown Sydney, with a gorgeous roof top pool!  It really does look like a vacation destination.  The rooms look much like a hotel, but we'll have a 2 bedroom and it will have a small kitchen, laundry, and a living room.  The views from many of the rooms look amazing.  We don't yet know what floor we'll be on.

I write this as we are watching a History Channel special on the 9/11 attacks.  Today is the 11th anniversary of that awful day.  I will never forget.  I was in our Shawnee house, Brady was 20 months old and that morning I was getting him ready for his very first ever "mother's day out."  I saw the attack on TV as I was watching the Today show.  My boys are very interested in learning about that day, I'm glad that they will grow up knowing about the heroes from that day and having an appreciation for our country and our freedoms!

I am so excited for all of us to experience a different culture for longer than a few weeks.  Granted, Australia may not be a huge difference from ours, but it will be a global perspective that we have never had before.  Bring it on!

Suzanne

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! THis is so amazing!!! So excited for you guys and I will definitely keep up with your adventure!! What an incredible opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow so tough. A rooftop pool no way you have to be subjected to such terrible conditions, ha ha. Love you guys and will miss you. look forward to the 15th and dinner.

    ReplyDelete